An unconventional guide to finding a new beginning.
Before I’d even hit my 30th birthday, it felt like I had everything in my life sorted – I had a burgeoning career, a growing family, and a loving wife. On the outside, I seemed happy – inside, though, I felt helpless, exhausted, and ashamed. In 2016, I burned out and quit my job, and it felt like I’d reached the end of the road.
It took me nearly two years to fully recover, and while burnout was the worst thing that ever happened to me, it’s also been one of the most wonderful. It’s been the first step towards creating my own path – one that’s both sustaining and sustainable. It’s given me the space I need to discover what I truly value, and to create my own recipe for success. Now that I’ve come through that experience, I want to share some of those lessons with you.
Happiness and Burnout is an unconventional book I’m writing that gives a counterintuitive approach to finding a new beginning. It tells my own story of burnout, giving practical tips on building a career and life around your values, as well as invaluable lessons from other entrepreneurs, creatives, and professionals who themselves found happiness in burnout.
The book will cover:
- Why some people are more susceptible to burnout, and why you shouldn’t take it too personally
- The different stages of burnout and what they feel like
- Why doing meaningful work doesn’t always prevent you from burning out
- How to talk to colleagues, bosses, friends, and loved ones about what you’re struggling with
- Straightforward tips on how to find your way out of burnout
- How burnout offers a silver lining, and how you can come out the other side in a better place
- How to define your own recipe for success, instead of letting other people define it for you
- Stories and interviews with other entrepreneurs, employees, and creatives who have gone through the same journey
Burnout doesn’t have to be the end of the road. It’s a new beginning – a grand adventure of self-discovery, redefining success, and finding a path that works for you.
About the Author
Hi – I’m Kieran Tie, a writer and content marketing consultant. Back in 2016, I went through extreme burnout and depression that ended with me quitting my career as a product manager. Since then, I’ve learned a ton of lessons the hard way – about myself, my goals, and my own recipe for success. Now, I’m running my own consultancy and helping nice folk like you build more meaningful careers and businesses. I’d love to hear from you via email or on Twitter!